Thursday, December 19, 2013

Merry Christmas!

So we woke up to Axel screaming at 12:45 last night.  I got him up and held him, but he still cried.  And then he gagged and choked on his snot and I freaked out that he couldn't breathe.  Once he and I calmed down, he was fine, but he had a good fever.  It was pouring rain outside, but Adam had told me it was going to snow in the morning and that I shouldn't plan on going anywhere.  So I laid Axel down on the bed at 1:15 or so and told Adam I was going to get some tylenol.  I had to.  I had to before Adam left for work at 5am and the snow was too bad to take two kids out to the store.  But Adam went for me.  That is true love and I'm not kidding.  He gets up for work at 4:30 and he let me stay in bed with a sleeping baby. 

At about 2am I picked up my sleeping boy, gave him some tylenol and moved him to his own bed.  Adam just couldn't sleep with Axel crowding him, despite us agreeing that his little breathing was the cutest thing we'd ever heard.

This morning Olivia seems to have a touch of it as well.  And I was working until 10pm last night so I didn't get the kitchen cleaned and I'm sad about that.  I've got 14 (or more) changing pad toppers to sew in the next few days and maybe a couple crib sheets (I'm seriously starting to wonder what a couple means to my brother-in-law)  Despite being stressed about it all, I do love sewing and I love that I can say I sew professionally :) 

Well I'm thinking I need a Christmas break.  We have a lot going on here and we need to get healthy. I'm usually trying to cram in as many Christmas posts as possible around this time of year, but this year I'm just going to live in the moment. 

Merry Christmas!  I'll be back on the blog January 1st!  I can't wait for the new year, especially since I'm not pregnant this year and I can really buckle down on my goals for 2014!!

Some pictures:
Matching polar bear jammies!  Bummer that we had to use the flash, but I just couldn't get a non blurry picture with out it.

Santa's lap!  Axel didn't cry!  I honestly cannot believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)