Monday, January 21, 2013

Keeping it Real

So many bloggers have been talking about our real selves vs our online blogging persona.  I don't feel like I hide much, but I don't have a lot of deep dark secrets.  I've posted about my ugly picture face, how I don't know what to do when it comes to Olivia and the pacifier, how I don't wear my wedding ring and how I almost failed a class because I didn't know what a blog was.  I'd say I was keeping it pretty real. 

But this month, it has sucked everything out of me, chewed me up and spit me out.  It could get worse, but my goodness I sure hope it doesn't! 

Things that are bad:
  • I started January with a sinus infection
  • Olivia got the flu
  • We took three weeks to move into our new apartment and we're still not totally settled
  • I got the flu
  • I had to get non-stress tests done on my baby every week, something I didn't feel was necessary but I'm sure will cost us a pretty penny
  • No internet or TV at my house until after the baby comes

Things that are good: (so we can end on a high note!)
  • I lost two pounds!  (No I wasn't trying, yes I was still eating, just healthier and not as much thanks to my illness)
  • My husband is amazing.  He's done so much work with our moving since I've been so sick and pregnant.
  • Olivia loves the new house
  • Olivia loves her new crib, which Adam was able to put together with out instructions!  
  • I don't have to be alone with Olivia anymore for like a month (not that I don't like being alone with her, its just been hard since we've both been sick)
  • Snuggling Olivia in bed while we watch Cinderella for like the millionth time
So its been bad, but can you imagine having the flu and having to give birth in a covered wagon on the trail?  These are the things I think about to help keep me grounded :)

Tomorrow is baby day!  Unless I went into labor naturally before this posts, I'm getting induced first thing tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom shared your blog with me. Sounds like you've had quite the month. Congratulations on your newest additions! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)