Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Potluck

I got my assignment for the high school Christmas Potluck today.  Now think for a minute, if you were inviting four home ec teachers to your party what would you have them bring?  Please decide before reading the remainder of this post.  Okay, do you have it in your mind?  Good.


 I asked my students this same question.  They said:
  • Pie
  • Cupcakes
  • Potatoes
  • You know, yummy food (like my sausage and cream cheese stuffed mushrooms)

So my assignment: Rolls.  Are you SERIOUS.  Any idiot can buy Rhodes bake and serve rolls (but it seems that not just any idiot can spell idiot.  I won't tell you how I just spelled it, just know that spelling is not my strong point.  Yummy food is my strong point), which let's be honest can trump almost any rolls that you spent hours laboring over. 

I think I'll bring a pie anyway.  Because no one is going to turn down pie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)