Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Robot Babies

One of the main reasons students take my Adult Roles class is the second quarter term project.  I have 20 robot babies that my students sign up to take home for a weekend.  For two days and three hours my teenagers feed, burp, diaper and wake up in the middle of the night to take care of these cute little simulations. 

In order to prepare my students I teach a unit on newborn care and parenting, including shaken baby syndrome.  Then I show a short video about proper care for the Real Care Baby.  And then I make sure parents are aware by sending home a permission slip.  One of my students lost his.  This is what he brought.  Best.  Note.  EVER.

 And here they are!  The proud parents!!
Please excuse the awful mess of my classroom in the background.  Its on my to-do list!!!

They are so excited.  Come Monday morning they will not be looking so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)