Friday, June 6, 2014

Birthday Eve

What can I write about today that doesn't have to do with my birthday?  I could pretend that my birthday isn't tomorrow, but I'm the kind of girl that celebrates for the whole month, so ignoring it on the blog isn't really my personality.

On the other hand, what can I write about that does have to do with my birthday?  Last year I turned 30 and wrote a post about 30 things I'd done before turning 30.  But 31?  It's a prime number!  It's not catchy or cool. 

I can't tell you about my awesome plans, because all I want to do tomorrow is get some spray painting done, swim a little with my family and eat a snow cone.  I've learned that keeping it simple and easy is the best way to not be disappointed. 

There's no point in recapping the year when I like to save that for the start of the new year. 

But all in all, life is good.  I've got kids that are finally out of the baby stage and a house that is slowly but surely coming together, summer is here and the livin' is easy. 

Happy birthday to me!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your day!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful birthday! A snow cone sounds perfect, I haven't had one yet this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It sounds just heavenly right now!

      Delete

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)