Wednesday, March 5, 2014

5 Little Confessions, March

5-Little-Confessions_250x250

So a few blogger friends and I are starting a new monthly link up called "Five Little Confessions" where you tell five things about yourself that others might not know, that you might not want others to know.  Just for fun.  No murder confessions please.

This is our first month, and since I've not been great with blogging lately I haven't been announcing it like I should. . . Oops!  So now you know, chop chop!  Just kidding.  But for future reference, we'll be hosting the link up on the first Wednesday of the month. 

I'm not technically hosting this month, Carrie and Jacq are hosting, but Aubrey (hi Aubrey!  Sorry I never emailed you back!) had the great idea for me to use this month to tell you all about my etsy shop (the re-opening, since the opening didn't do so great thanks to many mistakes on my part!)

I don't know if they're confessions, per say, so like the Mormon woman blogging that Frozen is gay propaganda, this post is a bit of a stretch.  Let's call them "Five Little Teasers" 

1. My etsy shop is the reason (one of them any way) that I haven't been blogging as much.  Drafting patterns for leggings, jammies and sweatshirts is a lot of work!

2. Aubrey inspired one of my shop items when she picked our "What Would You Do" theme for March, 1 yard of fabric.  She bought my fabric and I bought hers.  One word: Aztec. 

3. I will be giving away one of my shop items on next weeks "What Would You Do" post on Wednesday!  So if you have a toddler girl, or know a toddler girl, you're going to want to check it out!!

4. I am in love with my baby girl leggings.  Two words: Metallic gold.  

5. I draft my patterns with brown paper and sharpie.  I recently grabbed a red sharpie and kept thinking I was bleeding every five seconds before remembering it was just marker on my hand.  (Okay that one is kind of a blonde moment confession)

And just FYI, here are the awesome women I'm teaming up with for this link up.

Your Hosts 
Carrie from Curly Crafty Mom
carrie_small
Follow Carrie: Bloglovin'FacebookTwitterInstagram 

   
Aubrey from Dreaming About Someday
Aubrey_small
Follow Aubrey: Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram


Jacq from Justjacq
Jacq_small
Follow Jacq: Bloglovin'FacebookTwitterInstagram


Kimberly from Olive the Things
Kim_small
Follow Kimberly: Bloglovin'FacebookTwitterInstagram

10 comments:

  1. So excited about your Etsy shop you are working on! Aztec is one of my favorite patterns right now, so I am sure that fabric will be a top seller :) And, I am sure it is a lot of work... I am actually working on an idea for an Etsy shop and I don't think I'll have anything ready until Fall... it is just a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It is SO MUCH work. When I decided to start one over a year ago I just thought I'd whip up a few items on my free time, but NO. If you want it to succeed there is so much ground work to lay!! And just TRY finding cute knit prints. Impossible.

      Delete
  2. Oh too bad I dont have a girl! Little girl leggings are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to make some boy ones too! But I'm having the hardest time finding cute knit prints.

      Delete
  3. Frozen as gay propaganda?!?!?!? The only reason it can be that is if it is also incest propaganda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you not seen that blog post??? It is so ridiculous!

      Delete
  4. Okay, I need to know how to find your etsy shop.... I am OBSESSED with everything little girl (or so my husnand would say) and your blog is SUPER cute, thanks again for helping me get mine all set up! your instructions were AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad!!! I'll post my etsy shop to facebook when I get it all set up (hopefully next week!!)

      Delete
  5. confession...i read this super fast, and totally spaced coming back to comment. loved this post! so glad you did it.

    ReplyDelete

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)