Friday, September 27, 2013

Five Food Friday Favorites: Comfort Food

I didn't know if this was a "Food Friday" or a "Five Favorites on Friday" so I combined them.  Regardless, comfort food and the fall is a match made in heaven. 

I admit that in "researching" for this post, I got a little sick.  Last fall I was pregnant and comfort food was all I could think about.  This year, it was a bit much to eat all of these meals in one week.  Except the lentils.  Those are so delicious, but also really healthy.  Score.

1. Tuna Noodle Cassrole
This version is amazing!  A few more steps than the original, but it brings it to a whole new level.


2. Goolash
So this is the closest thing I found to the way I make it.  Basically brown some ground beef and onion and then throw in tomatoes, tomato sauce, italian seasoning and pasta, maybe a little water and let it simmer.  Top with some cheese and you're golden.  Axel loved this meal, he ate leftovers for two days after!

3. Mac and Cheese
I really need to post my mac and cheese recipe on here!  In the mean time, this one was good.  But not as good as mine!

4. Sweet and Sour Lentils
Oh my goodness, these are amazing.  My vegetarian brother said these made him feel guilty because they tasted like my mom's meatloaf (He was probably referring to the sauce that she put on top, because it also has a sweet and sour flavor)

5. Stew
I love the beef stew my mom made when we were growing up, but since I don't have it right here, I will say that LOVE making Tiffanie's slow cooker beef stew. 

 What do you like to cook in the fall?

2 comments:

  1. I would think your mom made the same stew recipe I make, which is Grandma Sutherland's. It is the BEST, and super easy! I make it all the time throughout the fall/winter. If you need my recipe, I'm happy to send it to you :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is the one! I know my mom emailed it to me a few years ago, it's in there. I'll have to dedicate a post to it!

      Delete

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)