Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween, I am over you

"You're over me?  When were you under me?"

Moving on. . . .

A picture from last year at the Patch.  Sad that this one hasn't seen the light of day until now. 
I like Halloween.  I really love it on October 1st.  I start to think about costumes for Olivia (and Axel this year) and I want to decorate all the things. 

But by oh. . . Oct 25th or so, I guess I'm kind of over it all.  I don't really like scary things, my imagination is way too active and I'm more surprised when clowns with bloody knives don't jump out of my laundry room at 6am.  I know not all of Halloween is scary, I'm not one of those people who thinks Halloween is celebrating the devil or whatever.  But even the non-scary stuff is still cute monsters and happy jack-o-lanterns with jagged smiles.  It wears on me I guess.

By October 25 (or so) I'm ready to move on to the heart warming gratitude of Thanksgiving and then the life affirming love of Christmas.

And for the love, stop giving me candy.  (Because I seriously cannot say no)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)