Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall 30x30

It's time for the Fall 30x30 challenge!  Warning: This post got really wordy.  Feel free to skim.



I decided to participate in another 30x30 challenge.  I don't think I explained it very well last time, but basically you pick 30 items of clothing and you mix and match those to create 30 different outfits.  It ended up being more challenging than I thought back in May, but I loved packing for my trip using only those items.  We're moving this month so it will be nice to know what items I need to leave out of the boxes.  All the rest can go!  Except one pair of boots I packed up already I want to use this month so they'll probably show up towards the end of the month.

So look, I'm not a big fan of having a ton of pictures of myself on my blog.  But that's the best way to show you what I'm wearing so. . . there you have it.  I know I'm not a fashionista (despite having it embroidered on the back of my Student Gov't sweater when I was a teacher.  Let's just say I was a much better dresser in those days, plus I taught fashion so it made sense) so no worries if you don't want to look at my "fashion" posts.  You can skip them, I wont be hurt.  :)

Unlike most of the girls doing this challenge, I don't really think about the items I pick, I just pick 30 things I love to wear, try to balance out the tops and the bottoms and hope I can make it to the end!  That's the fun of it for me.

Sweaters: This is the main reason I agreed to do this again, I have so many sweaters!  That didn't stop me from buying two new ones on sale on H&M's website.   So I don't even know if they'll look good on me!  Risky.
1. Forever21, 2. Aeropostal, 3. Ruby Moon, 4. H&M, 5. H&M

Tops: A lot of these are layering tops.  I actually plan to use my white layering tops too, but I didn't include them because they're BORING plus I don't know how much action they will really get (hey it's not cheating, Aubrey doesn't even include shoes!)
1. Forever 21, 2. Shade, 3. Bella Bird, 4. WalMart, 5. Old Navy, 6. ModBod

Cardigans:
1. Nikibiki, 2. Target, 3.Target, 4. Target

Skirts: I thought about choosing more skirts, but since I pretty much only wear them to church on Sundays (I change diapers on the floor and skirts make that difficult!) I just stuck with two.
 1. Made by me, 2. Bella Bird from WalMart

Dresses: Now short dresses with leggings, those I can wear any day because the leggings give me a little more modesty and the dresses are loose and give me more range of motion.
1. Target, 2. Calvin Klein via TJ Maxx

Pants: I'm including a pair of leggings in this category because they're thick and can be worn as pants (yes, yes, only with LONG shirts, I know) but I'll probably use other leggings this month too, just more like tights. (if any of that makes sense. . . )
 1. Forever 21, 2. I don't remember!, 3. Thrifted, 4. Thrifted (because if you are hoping to lose weight there is no sense in buying new jeans) 

Shoes: Not everyone includes shoes, but I think it's part of the fun.  I pretty much live in my boots in November, but I included my Toms and some heels in case I wanted to change things up.
1. Gift (maybe JC Penny?), 2. Toms, 3. Gift (I have no idea where)

I have a few items missing.  I haven't had time to do all of my fall shopping so I haven't been able to pick my last few items, plus a pair of shoes that I packed in boxes before deciding to do this challenge.

Here are the other ladies participating this month!

18 comments:

  1. Great societies, can't wait to see how you put them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I'm impressed with anyone that includes shoes!! LOL! Can't wait to see how you put it all together! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with shoes I was thinking, What else could I possibly need? (I wont feel that way by the end I know!!)

      Delete
  3. I love your second dress!! And all of your skirts! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That dress is so comfy it's like jammies.

      Delete
  4. Love your picks! We have the same Toms :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will wear Toms forever and ever, even when they go out of style :)

      Delete
  5. Excited to see how you style everything!! I moved when we did this in August and even though it was easier to pack my wardrobe away except my items it was hard to pack and move in anything but yoga pants and tank tops! haha

    Kate
    Raising the Rogers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I started a few days earlier (Oct 28) so that I could take a few days "off" when we moved :)

      Delete
  6. thanks for calling me out:) just kidding. it's true. those who count shoes have it way harder. i 100% do not count white, black, or any other color i need to layer to make my clothes modest shirts. i'm excited to see how you style everything. i love it even more that i know you IRL this time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you know you're my fav. I just don't know what else I would add if I didn't count shoes and those layering shirts. I couldn't even come up with 30! (This is the result of not buying clothes for seriously years, except maternity clothes, which are lame.)

      Delete
  7. love both dresses!! so pretty!! and i'm using leggings as tights too!! and the sweaters from H&M look nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited for those sweaters to get here, and I hope they fit!

      Delete
  8. Oh this sounds like a fun challenge! Might give it a try! Love your boots!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that first dress from Target. They always suck me in with all of their cute clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think over half of my wardrobe is from Target. Funny, I bought that dress for school pictures (I taught high school) and you couldn't even see it in the picture!

      Delete

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)