Friday, February 7, 2014

How to have a Valentine's Day date at home

Two years ago we celebrated Valentine's Day by going out to eat.  It didn't go well.  We made an agreement that we would never celebrate Valentine's Day on February 14th.  There are so many other days we can go out that aren't going to be crazy busy. 

But I'm no Valentine Grinch!  I love the holiday.  Even when I was single I loved the holiday.  I would celebrate with some fresh salmon, steamed veggies and roasted potatoes.  After dinner I would eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's while watching a chick flick and painting my nails.  You know what?  That still sounds like a nice evening. 

So I've decided to make it a fun evening at home. 

1. First, plan a nice dinner.  Last year I did a London broil with stuffed mushrooms, fresh green beans and mashed potatoes.  Right when we were about to eat, Adam's parents came over with cookies.  So if you're planning a nice dinner, make sure company knows when to visit! 

2. Treat.  What is Valentine's Day with out chocolate????  Last year I planned to make Hot Fudge Pie, but made M&M blondies instead.  No matter what I choose this year, I know it will have chocolate in it! 

3. Activity.  It would be fun if you had some couple friends that wanted to get together and play games (the newly wed game would be so fun for V Day!!) but I'm thinking a movie night is more likely to happen for us this year.  To make it a little more special, set up your living room a la Bachelor style.  You know how they do, all those blankets and pillows and candles all artfully arranged. 

How do you like to celebrate Valentine's Day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)