Monday, July 22, 2013

Cutting my hair and making new friends

So about a two weeks ago on Saturday I woke up and thought, "Enough is enough.  This hair is gonna go."  Last time I talked about cutting my hair, my hair caught wind of it and I had nothing but awesome hair days for three weeks.  But those days were gone and I was sick of finding lots of long blonde hair all over my house (I'm still losing hair from my pregnancy).  So I made an appointment and found a picture of Portia de Rossi (You don't have to be Ellen to know that this hair cut is hott)

But in my haste to escape two children, I forgot the iPad with the picture of Portia.  I tried to explain what I wanted, but my hairdresser thought I was kidding.  She insisted I get a bob first and if I still wanted it shorter after a few months then we would talk.

No one listens to me.

Then last Thursday I went to another one of Bonnie's round tables.  It was so much fun and I loved the two new girls I got to meet this time!  Since I liked this picture so much, I decided to finally reveal my new hair cut on the blog.  Don't get too attached.  I'm going back for that pixie cut soon.
Aubrey, Bonnie, Me, Melinda and Chelsea

Okay fine, you can't even see my hair in that picture.  Here is another one.  
I feel like I always look older in selfies. 

8 comments:

  1. It looks SOOOO good!!! I always forget pictures when I want a specific hair cut, too. And you're right...the second you think about chopping it, that's the time when you have the best days. It looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's soooo much easier to take care of too.

      Delete
  2. I was picturing a much shorter pixie, but this would look really cute! Your hair has been pulled back both times I've seen you so I feel like I really haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I wanted to wear it down on Thursday but it always goes to crap by the end of the day.

      Delete
  3. It looks really cute! I've contemplated doing a pixie cut for years. The shortest I've ever gone is a bob when I chopped my hair for locks of love (twice - I tend to grow it out and then chop it all off!) The one time I wanted to keep it in a short bob, the hairdresser didn't believe how much I wanted cut off and refused to do shorter than a shoulder length bob - I was very frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 12 inches of hair just sitting in a ziplock. I've gotta donate it or sell it or just get rid of it because that's kind of creepy :)

      You should try a pixie sometime. I did it in college and it's fun and easy to take care of!

      Delete
  4. you can really pull off short hair. so good to meet you last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so fun to meet you as well!

      Delete

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)