Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wanna watch the Bachelorette with me? Finale Part 1

Only one week left after today!  What are Aubrey and I going to blog about when this is over???

Here we go guys, the most dramatic finale ever.  Who do you think will leave Des in tears?  They sure edited it to look like Brooks, but I think they're trying to trick us.  Except they know that by now we have learned their ways and so they are telling the truth thinking we'll expect a trick! (They don't know that we know they know we know!)  So yeah, I think about this too much.
So of course we recap Des's feelings for all the guys and she still seems the most interested in Brooks.

Des says about Brooks: He doesn't have to say that its love for me to know.
Wow, the things we women tell ourselves when we want so badly for something to be true.

Drew's Date
Drew: She's the woman of my dreams and Antigua is like heaven.
Does he know he only gets the girl at the end?  I mean, she doesn't live here.

Des: It started to rain on our dinner.  It's not about the dinner or where the dinner is.
I'm suddenly hungry, despite just finishing my food.

Drew says: Look at the rose petals.
And I have to wonder, has he ever seen this show before?
#TheyAllHaveRosePetals

Brooks visits family
Brooks says proposing at the end of this makes him uncomfortable.  You're kidding me.  Proposing a life long commitment at the end of a ten week reality show makes you uncomfortable?  Geeze Brooks welcome to the 2000s.

Chris's Date
Des's fringe vest and pants makes her look like a hippie.  Who wears a bikini top with pants?  Is it cold, is it hot?  Are you hiking through brush later?

What animal is making this horrible sound during dinner?!  Good heavens can we not edit that out???

Des makes Chris feel vibrant and feel alive.  She makes him feel like a natural woman.

Poetry, yes, I've been waiting for this moment.  In my nightmares.

Brooks
Des says she's going to take advantage of her time with Brooks today.  Just remove the words "her time with" out of that sentence and it will probably portray her true feelings more accurately.  

Does Chris Harrison have a degree in relationship therapy?  He should get one.

Whoa, Chris just brings up Brooks's parent's divorce.  Way to pull out the big guns.

Hey!  Editors!  Did we have to see this much of the Brooks/Chris Harrison chat?  I feel like they're saying the same things over and over.

Des says she hasn't been in love in quite a while.  How long ago was Sean's season again?

My guess?  He changes his mind shortly after this but they can't show it until next week.

Or I don't know, maybe that's my hope.

As always, check out what Aubrey has to say about tonight's episode.  Was it really that dramatic????

*     *     *

I'm also over at my friend Suzzie's blog today!  We met at my first blogging round table and I have loved reading her blog ever since.

Oh shoot guys, I'm going to have to change the date for our "Easy as PB&J" link up.  I wrote that blurb on the bottom of last Wednesday's post anticipating a conversation with my friend Tiffanie, but we haven't worked out all the details yet.  So hold on to your lunch idea posts!  I will give more info soon!!!!

4 comments:

  1. i basically forgot to comment on the majority of what you said even though i had notes on almost all of those things. my post was already too freaking long enough.

    as far as what we're going to blog about when this is over, we should discuss... i don't watch any other shows, but i'm thinking we can come up with something good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always surprised how much the little comments add up. I always think I'll have nothing and then. . . LONG.

      Delete
  2. Ok, so Des is so upset that Brooks didn't tell her sooner and that he is breaking her heart. Well....isn't that exactly what she's been doing to Drew and Chris. She acts like she's in love, she talks like she could love them, but she only wants Brooks. I'm feeling super bad for poor Chris and Drew. They both feel so strongly that they have this connection with Des (cuz she's been leading them to believe that they do!), yet soon they will see what a faker Des is! Oh what a silly show I have been sucked into!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's true. There are a lot of double standards here. The bachelor/bachelorette get a lot of morality passes (as far as being honest and what not) because they really aren't allowed to tell their true feelings because of their contract. So. . .

      Delete

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)