Monday, July 1, 2013

The Big Sister

 Hi.  My name is Olivia, and I'm a big girl.

At least, that's what I keep hearing.

It started out innocent enough.  Lift your head off the couch, you're a big girl!  Eat rice cereal, you're a big girl!  Take a few steps, you're a big girl!  But now, I'm hearing it more and more and it seems to be getting less and less fun.

It really got out of control with this boy moved in.

I really like him, but suddenly I'm expected to teach him things I'm just learning myself!  What the heck!

"Show Axel how big girls sit still during church."
"Show Axel how big girls use the potty."
"Show Axel how big girls don't wear diapers anymore."

So I'm a big girl?  But do I get to stay up later?  No.  Do I get to dress myself?  No.  Do I get to look at the contents of the trash can?  No.

Doesn't sound like the gig I signed up for.

2 comments:

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)