Thursday, July 18, 2013

TBT Moving Away

I surprise myself often.  One of the things I'm surprised by in my life is that I up and moved away at 18.  I don't know why, but I feel like I could have easily ended up staying in my hometown in California.  I know how to work hard for what I want, but I don't always admit to myself what I want.  BYU was the only school I applied to and luckily I was accepted!

I think I mentioned before that there were only like FIVE pictures of me taken between the ages of 16 and 20.  I don't know why, but I vaguely remember not wanting to get my picture taken.  That is just so weird.  I LOVE getting my picture taken now (well with in reason)  So anyway, I did find this gem.  Someone (my dad?) took this while I was packing to move.  I don't know if I was in a bad mood that day, or if I was just pissed about getting my picture taken when I was wearing seriously awful clothes. 
Check out my mom looking all fabulous.

So we packed up my stuff, and my parents both drove me to Provo.  My dad also had a high school reunion in southern Utah so it was a twofer for him.

I remember walking into my new dorm room and seeing my roommate's stuff before actually meeting her.  Running trophies and workout clothes.  Could she be more different from me? (think Chandler Bing when you read that sentence)  I hung up my pageant sash and my pink feather boa. (as in BOA.  Every time I look at that I read BRA, and just. . . NO)

We had our ups and downs, we were great at fighting with each other.  In the end she taught me to enjoy working out and I taught her how to wear makeup.  We're both moms to two kids and we're still good friends to this day.  We've come along way in the past 12 years (holy cow!  I graduated TWELVE YEARS AGO!)

Linking up with Bonnie again!

8 comments:

  1. I love these posts! They're hilarious! And please keep posting more pictures of you from your childhood - they kill me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only post them to show you how far I've come! :)

      Delete
  2. And THANKS for choosing a good picture of me to post, since we know how rarely those happen!! Ha ha? I think one of the other kids took this, but not sure who.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it was Kenny with his brand new camera.

      Delete
  3. Bahahaha girl, I just have no words. A boa! I wish I had a good freshman roommate experience. I moved in with one of my childhood best friends and well. We live 30 minutes from each other now and don't talk. It's sad.

    ReplyDelete

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)