Wednesday, October 2, 2013

This is going to be a long month. . .

Look at this little sweetheart in a pumpkin patch last year!  Ya hate to see 'em grow up, but they just keep making the holidays more and more fun as they do!
If I could blink and have today be Halloween, I might be tempted.  The only thing holding me back would be skipping one of Axel's final months of babyhood.  Because October is going to be a seriously long month.

My mom came to UT yesterday (from CA) to help entertain Olivia while I start packing up my apartment, getting ready to move in to our HOUSE.  I don't love packing, I really like unpacking, but it is kind of nice to reevaluate the stuff I own.  Back in August I had a goal to get rid of 10 things a day.  I did it for two days.  Oops. 

Also, I started a new "job".  My sister-in-law started her own baby bedding company a few years ago (launched like the week before my wedding actually!) and I guess she just found out I could sew?  Every year in the fall she debuts her new line at the ABC Kids show in Vegas and I'm making all the samples of the new products.  I've worked almost non stop for two days (Saturday and Monday) and I have almost finished three crib skirts.  I have three car seat canopies, three pillows (with zippers, eek!), a pouf and maybe a bumper to finish before Oct 12th.

Speaking of October 12th (well the 13th actually), when she and her husband leave for the show, I will be watching their three kids for a WEEK.  The 12th is when we are supposed to get the keys to our new place, so obviously moving will be pushed back a week.  I'll be going from two kids to five kids, and two of them are babies (Axel and Trey are just three months apart!) so it will be like having twins.  On repeat in my brain: I can do anything for a week.

Once that is over all I have to do is paint our house, move in, unpack and get ready for Halloween. 

It's worse written out.  I thought it would help my brain.  Nope.

4 comments:

  1. Cutest girl!! Some of my favorite memories are going to the pumpkin patch or picking apples. Keep doing the tradition :) Busy month huh? I kind of am dreading a move one day. While it will be nice to purge items, I'm little miss organized so it's going to be so hard having to just pack things everywhere. I totally give you bonus points though for taking on 5 kids in the middle of the whole thing :) Love, family, a new house and Halloween of course, at the end of the day there's nothing more perfect!

    Just found your blog and love it!
    happinessisntadestination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I cannot wait to be more organized. This tiny apartment doesn't have space so everything is just piled on top of everything. I'm going crazy! I agreed to babysit like five months ago, can you believe how the timing worked out?!?!? Whatever, we make it work :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh... GOOD LUCK! You do have a tooooon of stuff going on. But you'll make it through :) I'm excited for you to move into your house, SO exciting!!
    I love the idea of getting rid of 10 things a day! I am going to steal the idea, but I think 5 items is more realistic for me right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one of the days I went through my sock drawer and got ride of five pairs of holey socks!

      Delete

I like to respond to comments here on my blog, so check back if you want to hear from me :)